Founded in 1995, CPL Systems, Inc., has provided our customers with complete process and energy system solutions. Our professionals have over a century of combined experience in the art of combustion, heat recovery, process control, and plant operations, making CPL the cost-effective single-source solution for your industrial sustainability needs.
Our reputation for energy solutions directed us to the “renewable” bio-fuel market in the mid 90’s. Since then, we have garnered vast experience in the processing, conveying and combusting of these precious resources.
The CPL Team
Luke Conner is the Founder and Chief Technology Officer of CPL Systems. Luke obtained his BS in Engineering from McNeese State University in 1982 and has worked in the areas of bio-fuels, biogas to energy, power and steam generation systems, emissions reduction, gas processing, resource and energy conservation and heat recovery systems for almost thirty years.
Jeremy serves as the Director of Engineering for CPL Systems. Jeremy obtained his BS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Louisiana, Lafayette in 1999 and a Masters in Business Administration from the University of Louisiana, Lafayette in 2003. Jeremy is a Registered Professional Electrical Engineer in Louisiana.
OUR® customer base ranges from Petro-Chemical to Food Processing and includes many of the Fortune 100 companies including industrial specialties such as:
• Gas Processing & Refining
• Power Generation
• Auto Makers
• Chemical Processing
• Food Processing
• Aeronautics & Space
• Sugar Mills
• Wood Product Plants
• Paper Mills
• Land & Exploration Companies
Find out how all OUR® customers have increased their sustainability through OUR® technology and learn how we can help you do the same.
While our ultimate Safety Goal is ZERO injuries and incidents, we strive for continual improvement in our health and safety performance. ISS is actively:
- Expanding the awareness of safety and health management systems that address employee involvement in a safe workplace and improve occupational hazard recognition
- Promoting a proactive culture directed at prevention of incidents with our employees empowered to execute “STOP WORK” authority
- Developing effective working relationships with our customers, suppliers, and subcontractors that enhance the safety performance on our projects
- Building cooperative working relationships with government and industry organizations to be in compliance with the applicable standards and regulations
Safety is our 1st operational KPI
Industrial Service Solutions (ISS) is a Uniquely Positioned Company…
- To deliver a broad set of comprehensive “cost, quality, and speed” service solutions critical to process equipment across a diverse set of end-user markets.
- To serve a wide variety of industries, such as power generation; oil and gas; pulp and paper; chemical and petrochemical; tire and rubber; metals and mining; water and waste water; and other industrial and commercial markets.
- To offer expertise in a wide variety of equipment and application, including valves and actuation; motors and generators; pumps; compressors and coolers; boilers and heat exchangers; mixers and extruders; both process-equipment and electrical-equipment controls; and many other types of peripheral equipment.
- To provide value propositions, such as onsite field service, regionally based shop services, and a broad range of supply services.
- To serve customers nationwide from our 50 U.S.-based shops and service locations.
ISS COMPANY CULTURE
Industrial Services Solutions emanates “forceful optimism.”
- We are a team of self-confident associates who have can-do attitudes and always strive to anticipate, learn, and adapt but are not afraid to act.
- We recognize and reward the behavioral traits of integrity, character, candor, humor, teamwork, and both individual and joint accountability.
- ISS culture enables us to offer small-company competitiveness with large-company capabilities and process disciplines.
- Customer-centric biases committed to earning and retaining longstanding relationships of trust
- High respect for every associate who wears our uniform regardless of title, position, or skillset
- Quick response, low cost structures, and a personal commitment to delivery of high-quality service
- Disciplined processes for associate recruiting, training development and safety best practices, and a comprehensive compensation and benefits plans for talent retention
- Technical depth for equipment, service applications, and industry certifications; and reinvestment in competitive shops, machinery, and tools
- A nationwide geographic footprint, a broad set of field, shop, and supply value propositions serving multiple industrial and commercial markets